2018 Cryptocurrency Predictions
Price comparison site finder.com has released its monthly Cryptocurrency Predictions Survey on how the top 10 Cryptocurrencies by market cap and three trending coins will perform in 2018. Out of the 13 coins, finder.com’s 13 panellists predict that Dogecoin (DOGE) will experience the greatest percentage growth by December 31, 2018 (5,838 percent). DOGE was sitting at […]
Out of the 13 coins, finder.com’s 13 panellists predict that Dogecoin (DOGE) will experience the greatest percentage growth by December 31, 2018 (5,838 percent). DOGE was sitting at $0.003 (£0.0021) per unit on March 27, 2018, and is forecast to reach $0.1938 (£0.14) by the end of the year.
Cardano (ADA) is expected to have the second greatest increase in growth by the end of the year (812 percent), followed by Ripple (XRP) (526 percent).
Despite this growth, Bitcoin (BTC) is still expected to reign as the highest value per unit, predicted to hit $9,100 (£6,464) by May 1, 2018, and reaching $21,485 (£15,261) by December 31, 2018.
Although presently a bearish market, April is the second consecutive month that panellists have predicted no drops in value for these coins by the end of 2018, signalling optimism for future growth.
Comparing the forecast market capitalizations for Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Ethereum (ETH) – the only three of the 13 coins with reported number of coins available – Ethereum (ETH) is predicted to see the highest growth by the end of the year (234 percent). This was more than double that of Bitcoin (BTC) with a 114 percent forecast increase, and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) at 40 percent.
The 13 panellists in the April Cryptocurrency Predictions Report include:
- Alisa Gus: CEO of WishKnish, a blockchain gamified social market network aimed at helping communities grow, and founding member of the DC Digital Economy Hub
- Clayton Daniel: former tax accountant and financial advisor, author of #1 Amazon Bestseller ‘Fund Your Ideal Lifestyle’, and founder of Sprout Superannuation
- Frank Schuil: CEO and co-founder of Bitcoin-trading platform Safello. Senior adviser for businesses and associations, including CG Blockchain, Rhino Ventures and BitAngels
- Fred Schebesta: Co-founder of global comparison site finder.com, including Crypto Finder. Award-winning entrepreneur, author, mentor, and a global keynote speaker
- Jen Greyson: CEO of Powered by Neureal℠, intellectual property specialist, and named one of the Top 8 Women in Crypto
- Jörg Molt: CEO and Blockchain Specialist of the Satoshi School 1–10 Mitglieder in Bavaria, Germany
- Joseph Raczynski: Technologist, futurist, Joetechnologist.com and Reuters, technology consultant and manager specialising in Blockchain technology
- Kohei Kurihara: President of the Government Blockchain Association Tokyo Chapter. Co-founder and CMO of Collabogate, aimed at bringing people into the Crypto market faster
- Kunal Patel: Business mentor for Startupbootcamp FinTech and SuperCharger Fintech Accelerator. On the advisory panel for YES BANK
- Kyle Wang: head of business development at Hub Token, advisor and consultant to ICOs and blockchain-enabled startups
- Samson Williams: partner of Axes and Eggs, a blockchain and Cryptocurrency mining consultancy, and the CSO for Ireland-based fintech firm, SeedUps
- Sergei Logvin: Co-founder of Rocket ICO, the world’s first decentralised accelerator based on the DAO concept, advisor to Opporty.com, Project Districts, TravelChain and LibertyLance
- Tim Lea: published author and regular speaker on blockchain, the CEO of REFFIND and the director of Veredictum
The full details of the survey, complete with comments from the panellists, can be found here: https://www.finder.com/uk/cryptocurrency-predictions
Jon Ostler, UK CEO at finder.com said, “While the downward trend has continued over the past month for many coins, our panel remains bullish in a presently bearish market, signalling optimism for future growth. This is the second consecutive month where panellists are expecting no drop in value for any of the included coins by the end of 2018. While Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), Ripple (XRP), Ethereum (ETH) and Stellar Lumens (XLM) are expected to see greater percentage growth than Bitcoin (BTC) this year, BTC is still forecast by our panel to reach the highest value of the 13 coins, at $21,485 (£15,261) by December 31. Before considering purchasing Cryptocurrency, it’s crucial to understand that the market is incredibly volatile and will continue to represent high risk. It’s important to do your research, seek professional advice and compare your options before taking the leap into the market.”